Monday, March 23, 2009

My Norooz Holiday

Saturday night we went to the concert of one Iranian Pop singer, Shohreh, in Zurich. We could see Iranian Colony in Switzerland and the way they are gathering and enjoy! An energetic D.J. who knew is job made young people dancing from 20.00 untill 23.00 when she came about 23.00.
She is not my favorite singer but when the program offered I had no objection! No reason to refuse! It's holiday and I would rather to rest, not to think, just to see, listen and if it's possible,
smile!
Somehow, I was curious to see her and being in Iranian gathering to change a little bit!



Unfortunately smoking in indoor area still is not forbidden in Switzerland and the smell of smoke was really terrible and after one hour became boring! Boring for me but pleasant for others!
I have to admit that I am not a person for such a concert or at least at that night I was not in the mood of this sort of cocerts but there were so many people, came to to dance and enjoy!
Most of them were in right presentation almost like a family party, not screaming or getting drank with a none sense behaviours! Some people wanted to dance with her and She did not refused! She was trying to appear as a popular artist to sell more and was expert in her business, aged but active!
We left when the concert was going on!
The day after,I heard that the concert went up to 2.30a.m. She had more than 3 hours of non-stop performance!!!! It's unbelievable for a Fifty plus!

Sunday, all day long staying at home, going through internet, watching T.V. and walking around the town in Spiegel after an early dinner.
That was a long walk and a sincere talk between me, my cousin and his wife! The subject was their life and I took the role of a consultant! Sometimes it's not so bad! I enjoyed of all conversation and the moments!

Monday, the third day of my vacation more or less with the same strange feeling of other days. with a little bit of movement but easy going!
The program of evening was going to Fribourg, having a dinner in a Lebanese restaurant. The owner who was a friend, treated us very well. a wonderful dinner in a simple place!
That was the last hours of my holiday!

1 comment:

Jalal HB said...

Norooz is to be seen and enjoyed. I happened to be in Iran in 1991-92 and for the first time really witnessed the festivities so close with "Seven Seens". Good days