Monday, October 20, 2008

A sad journey back

Since couple of days ago I was trying to postpone our departure to Tehran from Tuesday to Friday to pay a visit to Venice on Wednesday! Finally I got the confirmation about 1.00 P.M. and decided to go back to Carrara after lunch!
We were almost ready to go when I noticed that the conversation over the phone brought a bad news! I understood that my uncle died in the hospital in Rasht! It was hard to believe but he died about 1.00 p.m. (3,30 local time) almost the same time I got the confirmation and canceled my flight of tomorrow to Iran!
So, some tears and driving slowly toward Carrara from Bern!
It was a pity that I could not meet him when he was in the hospital in Tehran! It was early afternoon of Sep.13 when I went to the hospital to see him in I.C.U. but a telephone call from Italy took half an hour time and then the visiting time was over! I had a bad feeling when I was going back to the office from hospital. A feeling of loosing somebody!
The bitter taste of that phone conversation and the heavy atmosphere of hospital on Sep 13, were coming back to me while I was driving back to Carrara from my cousin's house in Bern.
It was the same thoughts of the evening I had the flight to Italy but that moment I could call to hear my uncle to replace the bad feeling of loosing somebody with a hope! I could change my mind after a nice talk to h[m who was at home and feel better!
It was the first time that I called my uncle prior to my trip and became the last talk!
Anyway, I used to look for a right solution in tough situation! No way to get back! We have to accept the reality to live calm in peace

No comments: